Schedule Geoprocessing Tools in ArcGIS Pro 2.5

02-04-2020 11:24 AM
JianLange
Esri Contributor

With ArcGIS Pro 2.5 release (due out this month), you can now schedule a geoprocessing tool (including ModelBuilder and Python script tools) to run at specific times and days within the geoprocessing pane! Here is a blog article elaborating more on the topic: Schedule Geoprocessing Tools and Models in ArcGIS Pro 2.5 

15 Replies
HushamMohamed
Occasional Contributor

Jian

Thank you I do have "Sign me in automatically” selected but still getting (0x1).

0 Kudos
DrewFlater
Esri Regular Contributor

Husham Mohamed‌ please try to use the full url of the feature service when scheduling, instead of a layer name. It may be that the application cannot hand over credentials for the layer to the schedule process, and we may be able to work around this by using the full url rather than the layer name. 

All you need to do, instead of using the layer in the open tool dialog for your script tool prior to clicking Schedule, replace the layer name with the full feature server layer path.

0 Kudos
HushamMohamed
Occasional Contributor

Drew,

Thank you ,  I had been struggling with this issue for 10 days.

Actually I forgot to mention that I tried that solution before. bu replacing the layer name with the service url 

and  got this error.  

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
FPCWAGIS_Admin
New Contributor III

This is promising. I've been trying it out today with a simple model, which is successful if I'm signed into the server, but I'm hoping to make it run when the user is not logged on. Is this possible? I keep getting results showing that the process is running, but it fails to create the output using Feature Class to Feature Class (input is an ArcOnline feature service and Output is a GDB in a folder in the same location as My Documents folder where it shouldn't have any permission issues). 

Cheers. Lindsay

0 Kudos
JianLange
Esri Contributor

Hi Lindsay, 

It is not possible to schedule a GP task that uses a feature service when no user is signed into the machine, at least not from the ArcGIS Pro user interface. However, you may be able to change settings in Windows Task Scheduler. 

You can find the geoprocessing tools you have scheduled from within ArcGIS Pro in Windows Task Scheduler under the name of the task you specified in the Schedule window. 

0 Kudos
FPCWAGIS_Admin
New Contributor III

Hi Jian. Yes, I've found the processes created by Pro in Task Scheduler and modified it to "Run when user is not logged in" and "Run with highest privileges" but this is when it fails to happen successfully. Unfortunately it would appear that it can't be done then. This is a shame as I was hoping to replace some python scripts that create daily backups of ArcOnline data in feature services which tend to be a bit unreliable with a model in ArcGIS Pro, but if it has to be logged in, then there is still a degree of manual intervention required. 

0 Kudos