Save the Text formating of a graphic to a Style

Jump to solution
11-28-2022 01:26 PM
Marie_Ducharme
New Contributor III

Hello All,

I have a bunch of map graphics in a map. I want to save the style I have given them in a style file so I can re-use this. But I can't seem to figure out how....

I have found a way to save the format of labels to a style by following the instructions here. See this page: called "Save a Text Symbol to a Style"....but the option to save to style does not seem to be available for graphics! 

Is it possible to save the settings of a graphic text to Style....I'm pretty sure this was an option in ArcMap. Thanks all

Marie_Ducharme_0-1669670757361.png

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

You can save the style of a graphic polygon, you need only right click on the graphic and choose save to style...

DuncanHornby_0-1669739275443.png

But! I can find no obvious way to apply this saved style back to a graphic, it's a style that you can apply to say a polygon in a Feature Class.  So 50% of the way there...

View solution in original post

Marie_Ducharme
New Contributor III

Ho! Thanks Duncan! I right-clicked on my graphic label, and chose "save to the style" in a style called 'favorite' and then was able to find it in the Graphic Ribbon

Marie_Ducharme_1-1669739801216.png

Marie_Ducharme_3-1669740039199.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

You can save the style of a graphic polygon, you need only right click on the graphic and choose save to style...

DuncanHornby_0-1669739275443.png

But! I can find no obvious way to apply this saved style back to a graphic, it's a style that you can apply to say a polygon in a Feature Class.  So 50% of the way there...

Marie_Ducharme
New Contributor III

Ho! Thanks Duncan! I right-clicked on my graphic label, and chose "save to the style" in a style called 'favorite' and then was able to find it in the Graphic Ribbon

Marie_Ducharme_1-1669739801216.png

Marie_Ducharme_3-1669740039199.png

DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

Excellent, I had not spotted it appears at the very end of that polygon symbol panel. I was looking for some sort of apply button. Anyway team work got us there, now 100% success! 🙂