Roll back ArcGIS Pro from 2.6 to 2.5

Jump to solution
01-04-2021 07:10 PM
LeahLobsiger
New Contributor

Hello, in order to perform an exercise for my student course, I need to install the Data Interoperability extension.  Unfortunately, I am currently using 2.6.2 and the extension provided by my professor works only with 2.5.  Below is the popup I am receiving.

I do have the .exe files from my professor.

How can I roll back to 2.5 without uninstalling/reinstalling?

Thanks so much.

LeahLobsiger_0-1609816179473.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MehdiPira1
Esri Contributor

@LeahLobsiger 

No, you cannot rollback or downgrade ArcGIS Pro without uninstalling/reinstalling.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MehdiPira1
Esri Contributor

@LeahLobsiger 

No, you cannot rollback or downgrade ArcGIS Pro without uninstalling/reinstalling.

DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Can't you download it from your "My Esri" .

If it has been enabled for you, you should see a version in My Esri, My Organizations, Downloads 

ArcGIS Data Interoperability for Pro

It will be for your version, but that doesn't matter if you are only using for processing

... sort of retired...
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

@MehdiPira1 is correct that there isn't a way to roll back from 2.6 to 2.5. 

@DanPatterson is also correct that it would be better to try to get the download for DI and stay on the higher version of Pro since that is where new features, functionality, and bug/crash fixes are installed.

For the good of the thread, if it is ever necessary to rollback a patch (like go from 2.6.3 back to 2.6.2, etc.) that can be done from the Control Panel > Programs and Features.

Click on View installed updates and you'll see which ArcGIS Pro patches are installed.  Right-click or select the patch and click Uninstall.  That will rollback to the previous patch or minor release...

KoryKramer_0-1609853470036.png

LeahLobsiger
New Contributor

This was helpful too Kory, thank you.

0 Kudos