Select to view content in your preferred language

Rematch Addresses but no candidates

06-16-2021 07:56 AM
Labels (1)
BrianBulla
Regular Contributor II

I'm trying to Geocode using ArcGIS Pro 2.8.  With my 'Tied' addresses is there a way to get the ties to show up in the candidates window??  For me, the candidates window is just blank:

BrianBulla_0-1623855250097.png

If I use ArcMap 10.4 to Geocode I do see the list of candidates shown:

BrianBulla_1-1623855354861.png

Am I missing a setting or something in ArcGIS Pro??

Thanks,

0 Kudos
11 Replies
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

@BrianBulla 

You can also open the locator properties of the ADDR_Durham_Pro locator in ArcGIS Pro to tell which tool created the locator when looking at the About the locator page of the Locator Properties dialog. If the 'Release' property is 2.3 or later and lists the 'Supported roles', it was created with the Create Locator or Create Feature Locator tool. If there is a reference to the address locator style or  version that is 10.x, it was created with Create Address Locator tool that was deprecated from Pro at the 2.6 release.

I would expect to get candidates returned for the address '930 Byron Street' if the street direction is missing from the input. Are you still encountering this problem?

JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

#2: if you created a locator with [old style] create address locator tool, there will be a <locatorName>.xml file in the same workspace. The [new style] create locator tool will produce <locatorName>.loc and <locatorName>.loz  The .loc file is only a couple of kilobytes, and is just a text file of propertieds.

#3: A couple things come to mind:  does your locator require a city? If it does and you don not provide it in the address, you'll get no returns.  If it's just missing a prefix directional, it seems like your spelling sensitivity is pretty high, or your candidate score is pretty high.

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos