Select to view content in your preferred language

Re: ArcGIS Pro 3.2 - Drawing Alerts - Returning STATE_ID Error when editing Polylines

2 weeks ago
dgregory_coconino
New Contributor II

I have 3.3.1 installed and I am still getting this bug. We're on SQL Server 2017. Our database has no errors and I'm editing using the "Edit session" option on as others have instructed.

Screenshot 2024-08-05 154314.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MindyBurkett
New Contributor II

This could be the same issue but your error message looks different. It appears that the error is an operation cancelled error. In general, that means that the client (ArcGIS Pro) cancelled the operation. While it could be a bug, it may also be an indication that the query took too long so the client (not SQL Server) cancelled the query. If this doesn't help, then I would recommend starting a new question because this one was marked as resolved.

0 Kudos
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

@dgregory_coconino,

I moved your reply to a new question as I believe this is a different issue and the original question was closed.

1) Have you tried updating your Microsoft ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server to the newest version compatible with the SQL and ArcGIS version you are utilizing in your environment.

ArcGIS 11.3 and ArcGIS Pro 3.3 requirements for Microsoft SQL Server

2) You may want to try using Microsoft ODBC Driver version 18.  You do need to address the encryption settings on your database to do so.

Encrypted connections to SQL Server databases 

3) You noted you are running MS SQL 2017 and 3.3.1, what version is the database?

Client and geodatabase compatibility

4) Are  you having any network issues or limited resources on your SQL server

dgregory_coconino
New Contributor II

1) Yes, I'm on the most recent version of the driver for 17. 17.10.6.1 I'm on Windows 11.

2) Changing around encryption settings on our database would have ripple effects through our environment. Not sure we want to go down this route quite yet.

3) Here's what I have when I SELECT @@VERSION; in my database: Microsoft SQL Server 2017 (RTM-GDR) (KB5040942) - 14.0.2056.2 (X64) Jun 20 2024 11:02:32 Copyright (C) 2017 Microsoft Corporation Standard Edition (64-bit) on Windows Server 2016 Datacenter 10.0 <X64> (Build 14393: ) (Hypervisor) 

4) We have no network issues or limited resources as far as I'm aware.

Where is the new question so I can respond properly in that thread?

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

@dgregory_coconino,

The database version can be found in ArcGIS Pro by right clicking on the SDE connection in Catalog and selecting Properties then General > Geodatabase Version.

LanceCole_0-1722963210168.png

I would reach out to ESRI support.  They are great to work with and often call within minutes of posting a support ticket.

Old Question: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-questions/arcgis-pro-3-2-drawing-alerts-returning-state-id/...

New Question: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-questions/re-arcgis-pro-3-2-drawing-alerts-returning-state/...

Sorry, I can pull out part of a question to a new one but not create a new title.

0 Kudos
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

@dgregory_coconino based on the error message, it seems to match up with this bug: https://support.esri.com/es-es/bug/editing-traditionally-versioned-data-in-a-single-worksp-bug-00016...

Which only seems to occur in a single workspace edit session and doesn't actually cause the features to stop drawing (so it's a false alarm and shouldn't be showing as a drawing alert).

You can contact Esri Technical Support and have your case attached to the defect to receive updates about it.

0 Kudos