Select to view content in your preferred language

"Add Error Layers" disabled

Jump to solution
11-23-2022 10:18 PM
IhabHassan
Esri Contributor

Hi All,

I have a feature class that has 1 of the data-reviewer "Ready to use rules", the feature class resides in an Enterprise geodatabase, branch versioned, database connection is using data owner account. The validation feature classes are all created and also branch version enabled.

I am trying to add the error layers to Pro map, but the option is disabled. Any idea what am I missing?

1.png

2.png

Regards
Ihab
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IhabHassan
Esri Contributor
thanks heaps @SamPienaar , it is now working
the steps that Sam pointed out to get the error inspector working against feature service:
* ensure you are accessing the database through branch version connection
* ensure your datasets are version enabled
* manually add the datasets and the error layers into Pro map
* publish feature service and ensure "Validation" capability is enabled
* from Pro catalog, browse to Portal, then to the published feature service, and add only the sub layer that has attribute rules
* from the Pro map contents panel, right click the sub layer, choose "Add Error Layers"

now you can validate the rules against feature service from the "Error Inspector" panel..
Regards
Ihab

View solution in original post

3 Replies
IhabHassan
Esri Contributor
thanks heaps @SamPienaar , it is now working
the steps that Sam pointed out to get the error inspector working against feature service:
* ensure you are accessing the database through branch version connection
* ensure your datasets are version enabled
* manually add the datasets and the error layers into Pro map
* publish feature service and ensure "Validation" capability is enabled
* from Pro catalog, browse to Portal, then to the published feature service, and add only the sub layer that has attribute rules
* from the Pro map contents panel, right click the sub layer, choose "Add Error Layers"

now you can validate the rules against feature service from the "Error Inspector" panel..
Regards
Ihab
HNTZK46
Emerging Contributor

Hi Ihab,

I am having a similar problem now. I created validation rule using Arcade script for datasets in Enterprise GDB, and then I published. But when I add the published feature service to ArcGIS Pro, the "Add Error Layers" option is greyed out. I tried the steps that you mentioned as solution but it still did not work for my case. 

Did you use only "Read to use rules" function when you created validation rules?

Did you add all the four error layers (e.g. ValidationObjectErrors, etc.) into Pro map when you publish the service?

TtTTTtTeee_0-1681782968700.png

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
DiegoLlamasOlivares
Regular Contributor

Hello,

did you solved this issue?

Thanks.

DLL

0 Kudos