Select to view content in your preferred language

Quality control methods for hosted layers using ArcGIS Pro?

06-06-2024 12:38 PM
Spengler
New Contributor II

Data Reviewer looks so great but doesn't currently work with hosted layers. Copying and republishing hosted layers isn't realistic for my organization. In my organization, data is collected using Field Maps, basic quality control is done in ArcGIS Online (to prevent manipulating sensitive datasets), and Managers finalize quality control in ArcGIS Pro. The manual QC  can be a tedious to pass on to new managers. I'd love to use Data Reviewer throughout my organization but the capacity to use it on hosted layers doesn't exist currently. Is there a way that your organization enforces quality control on hosted data? 

Generally I'd like to 

• Filter by a field, date range, or area
  • check null values in specific fields
  • check duplicates
  • check for orphaned records in related table
  • check for missing records in related table

I'm trying to develop a workflow in Tasks but it doesn't seem to allow for the flexibility I'm looking for and I worry it's not an appropriate tool for this use case. Any recommendations on performing some quality control checks in ArcGIS Pro on hosted data?

3 Replies
yrpEH
by
New Contributor III

Perhaps try a model? 

You would want to setup a model in pro that does a series of filters and selects that you want and export the selection to a csv for example. 

It might not do everything you want exactly, but might be an easy solution to perform some of the manual checks quickly. 

You can set this up on a schedule using Windows task scheduler to be done at a time interval, like every night so you can check in the morning, or run it manually.  You can look this up pretty easily. 

Spengler
New Contributor II

Thanks! I actually started building out a model after posting this. I'll continue down this route unless anyone has other clever solutions I'm overlooking.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

If you go with a solution that involves Windows TaskScheduler and python arcpy with ArcGIS Pro, be wary of anti-virus/anti-malware software that your organization might employ to protect assets.  My org is dealing with anti-virus/anti-malware software interfering with GIS based scheduled tasks with ArcGIS Pro based python.  This was never an issue with my org's long running tasks using python from ArcMap.

0 Kudos