Publishing Job Stuck in Queue, how to Stop Publishing Job

Jump to solution
02-22-2021 01:03 PM
HaroldKrivell
New Contributor III

I have a customer who's Publishing Job is stuck for more than 24 hrs. He attempted to publish a map package, he is trying to cancel the job but it does not cancel. We did the following...

1. Task Manager force stop ArcGIS Pro- After Restarting, ArcPro still has the publishing job running in queue.

2. Stopped and restarted the portal publishing service.

Is there anything I'm missing at this point?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PLadd
by
Occasional Contributor III

I'd like to offer my experience with this and what I found might be a solution.  My Publishing jobs kept getting "stuck."  I could only kill the job by killing AGPro in task manager (sometimes I could close the AGPro app to end i).  But this didn't resolve the problem with the publishing getting stuck. 

Turns out my C:\ drive was getting so full there wasn't enough space to finish the job - so it just hung.

Here's the path where publishing jobs are staged.  I had over 40 GB of **bleep** stuck in there.  Once I deleted it all, the next publishing job completed (it took a while - 23 minutes - because it was a big hillshade file but it did finish).

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\ESRI\ArcGISPro\Staging\SharingProcesses

Hope this saves somebody some aggrevation.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
AndrewWeiland
New Contributor

Same problem. This needs to stop, because all of my other projects are waiting in the queue to be shared.

0 Kudos
JustinKraemer
New Contributor II

Same here, too. Have either of you gotten past this, and how?

0 Kudos
VincentRobinson
New Contributor III

I'm having this issue too.

0 Kudos
AndrewWeiland
New Contributor

I ended up having to stop the process in my Task Manager on my computer.

0 Kudos
PLadd
by
Occasional Contributor III

I'd like to offer my experience with this and what I found might be a solution.  My Publishing jobs kept getting "stuck."  I could only kill the job by killing AGPro in task manager (sometimes I could close the AGPro app to end i).  But this didn't resolve the problem with the publishing getting stuck. 

Turns out my C:\ drive was getting so full there wasn't enough space to finish the job - so it just hung.

Here's the path where publishing jobs are staged.  I had over 40 GB of **bleep** stuck in there.  Once I deleted it all, the next publishing job completed (it took a while - 23 minutes - because it was a big hillshade file but it did finish).

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\ESRI\ArcGISPro\Staging\SharingProcesses

Hope this saves somebody some aggrevation.

bshow
by
New Contributor II

that worked! thank you!!

0 Kudos
Sean-Sweeney
New Contributor II

I tried @PLadd's solution, but things were still hung for me. It was great to get that directory cleaned out, though - thanks for the tip!

If things are still stuck for you as well after cleaning up those files, here's another option I found that did un-hang things for me: Problem: Unable to cancel a job in ArcGIS Pro (esri.com).

0 Kudos