Publishing a custom print layout to stand-alone ArcGIS Server using Pro

Jump to solution
03-22-2021 10:14 AM
Labels (1)
AmyRoust
Occasional Contributor III

I'm working my way through the steps described in the document "Share custom layouts for printing from ArcGIS Pro" and I've hit a wall. Under the section called "Publish a print service to the stand-alone server", I'm good until step 2. When I right-click my server connection and go to the Publish menu, I do not have an option for Geoprocessing Service. I only have Map Service, Tile Service, and Geocoding Service as options. I also tried to go to the geoprocessing history and right-click the successful Export Web Map tool execution, and that only gives me the option to create a geoprocessing package.

My Pro license is ArcGIS Advanced, using arcgis.com as my Licensing Portal. My server connection in Pro is set up through an account with administrator privileges. The stand-alone server is running version 10.8.1 and I already have lots of map services published to it. 

What am I missing? Why don't I have the geoprocessing service option?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AmyRoust

Esri Support Services for the win! Vysakh did his homework in advance and was able to walk me through the process. Turns out I did not have a Administrator Connection added. Here's why: When you add an ArcGIS Server connection in Pro, it does not give you the option to select your connection type like it does in ArcMap (use vs publish vs administer services). So, when I created my connection file, it defaulted to a Publisher connection and I never realized it.

To fix this, you have to right-click on the connection file after you have created it and open Properties. At the top of that dialogue box, there is a handy-dandy drop-down menu. Change it to Administrator Connection, and the option to publish Geoprocessing Service will magically appear in the Publish menu the next time you open it. 

AmyRoust_1-1616618224621.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
nita14
by

Hi Amy,

what version of ArcGIS Service are running? Ent? Wkg? Basic? Stn? Adv?

Also, please take a look on the Web Tools compatibility matrix:

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/analysis/geoprocessing/share-analysis/web-tool-compati...

BR,

Adam

0 Kudos
AmyRoust
We're running Server Standard version 10.8.1, so I don't think it's a compatibility issue. We are republishing a custom print service exactly as we have it on a 10.5.1 Standard Server, except that we're trying to publish from Pro instead of ArcMap.
0 Kudos
AmyRoust

Esri Support Services for the win! Vysakh did his homework in advance and was able to walk me through the process. Turns out I did not have a Administrator Connection added. Here's why: When you add an ArcGIS Server connection in Pro, it does not give you the option to select your connection type like it does in ArcMap (use vs publish vs administer services). So, when I created my connection file, it defaulted to a Publisher connection and I never realized it.

To fix this, you have to right-click on the connection file after you have created it and open Properties. At the top of that dialogue box, there is a handy-dandy drop-down menu. Change it to Administrator Connection, and the option to publish Geoprocessing Service will magically appear in the Publish menu the next time you open it. 

AmyRoust_1-1616618224621.png