Select to view content in your preferred language

Publish a web layer returns error 00241

Jump to solution
08-29-2022 02:03 PM
RickLederer-Barnes
New Contributor II

I'm trying to publish a web layer, it's a single feature layer in my map. When I go to publish I get an error: "00241 Field Shape_Length cannot be used as display field" - well yes, I know that, but I'm not using Shape_Length, I'm using a text field called "Status". I've tried closing and reopening the map. I've tried changing to a different display field. Same error each time. I'm stumped.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DJB
by
New Contributor III

Hey @RickLederer-Barnes ,

I know this is a super old post but I just came across this problem myself.  I managed to fix the problem by going into the feature class properties and changed the Display field.  Why Shape_Length is the default when it is know that this field cannot be used when publishing services is beyond me.  If you change this to any other field you should be good to go.

DJB_0-1686153388548.png

I hope this helps.  Sorry for the super late response.

~Dan

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DJB
by
New Contributor III

Hey @RickLederer-Barnes ,

I know this is a super old post but I just came across this problem myself.  I managed to fix the problem by going into the feature class properties and changed the Display field.  Why Shape_Length is the default when it is know that this field cannot be used when publishing services is beyond me.  If you change this to any other field you should be good to go.

DJB_0-1686153388548.png

I hope this helps.  Sorry for the super late response.

~Dan

SierraNevada
New Contributor II

Yes! It did help. Since the error is still common, I would call this timely--or timeless and not late at all.

RickLederer-Barnes
New Contributor II

Thanks Dan, I eventually figured out that was the problem. I am surprised that Shape_Length would be the default over OID, but at least it's an easy fix (once you know where to look)