Problems with ArcGIS Pro 2.0.1 Absolute X,Y,Z Tool

10-30-2017 09:57 AM
EricPeña
Occasional Contributor

I am having problems lining up Absolute XY coordinates in ArcGIS Pro 2.0.1.  I am able to run Locate XY and even Make XY Event Layer successfully in ArcGIS Pro, but entering Absolute XY while editing drops the point in the wrong location.  

See attached screenshots for comparison with the exact same process and settings in ArcMap10.5.1, which works.  This is a common tool I use to map points and start Traverses by XY Point of Beginning.  I've looked over my map properties, coordinate system settings, and edit settings but I can't figure out why this is happening.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Eric,

Try changing the units in the absolute xy dialog to US Feet (ftUS) to match your coordinate system.

You can set this to be the default in the Project->Options->Units dialog, under location units.

0 Kudos
EricPeña
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Sean!  I thought it was probably a small setting like that.  I had set the Distance Units to US Survey Foot but never changed the Location Units to the same. 

0 Kudos
Jean-YvesLandry1
Occasional Contributor

I am trying to use the "Move to" tool  (absolute) to move a point to another coordinate but I can't seem to be able to move my point to the correct utm location in metric.  It should be simple enough; i want my point to this utm coordinate.

0 Kudos