Problems editing a scene layer in ArcGIS Pro.

08-06-2020 08:03 PM
DanielMurillo
Occasional Contributor

Hello everyone,

I published a 3D Web Layer using ArcGIS Pro, once I had it on the portal, I wanted to add more points, so I logged in ArcGIS Pro and loaded my web scene.

When I was trying to edit and create new features, the template keeps showing me an warning:

New feature may not be visible.

Missing symbol

'hospital'

The template value for the layer simbology attribute is incorrect. Change the appropiate value in the template attributes, or change the layer simbology.

So, I changed the value and established the name of each hospital: The error persists.

Then I went ahead and changed the simbology to a variety of symbols: The error persists.

So I am able to add the point but as the warning says the point is not visible, however it gets added to the table.

If I try saving the edits and if I try to load my web scene on the browser, it is still not showing on the scene.

I've tried republishing, overwriting many times, and keep having the error.

My client should be able to add features without this kind of trouble and without having to work the layer locally anytime they need to add a new point.

I would love to get some help from you guys to see if there is way to edit that scene layer.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Daniel,

A couple things:

1) Is the hospital symbol a custom symbol or one of ArcGIS Pro's symbols?

2) After you add a point you need to rebuild the cache which can be done in the services item details page. Once you rebuild the cache you can re-add the layer to ArcGIS Pro and see the updates. This help document contains details on editing workflow and i'd point you to the table that shows when edits can be viewed.

Edit a scene layer with associated feature layer—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

Rebuild a web scene layer—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

thanks,

Andrew

0 Kudos