Select to view content in your preferred language

Problem with Geolocation exercise

12-22-2023 08:02 AM
cgm23
by
New Contributor

Hello:
I have bought the book Top20 Essentials skill for ArcGIsPro and I cannot do the Geocoding exercises in chapter 6. I follow the steps indicated and use the file provided, but I always get the same error.
Does anyone know the solution?
Thank you so much.

Error.PNG

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Brian_Wilson
Regular Contributor II

You should provide more context because we don't all have that book. (Is the book good (other than chapter 6)? 🙂

The first thing I do when I have an REAL error message (not the dread meaningless Error 999999) is search on it, "Esri ERROR 00010" comes up with a descriptive page, https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/tool-reference/tool-errors-and-warnings/001001-010000/tool-...

It gives you a list of things to check. That might help. Since you are doing examples from a book I am thinking it's not the first 4 reasons. Check out The fifth and sixth.

I have been working with locator services a lot in the past couple weeks and I know the service I built pukes whenever I feed it the wrong column name. Like "Service Address" instead of "address" in my case. The service does not tell me anything -- it just refuses to run with a generic error like that "00010 ... failed".

I think it could be #6 too --- you are trying to run the exercise but did not log in to ArcGIS Online first, or your account does not have any credits left, or it is not set to let you use geocoding. Try connecting to ArcGIS Online before you start working and make sure you can geocode in there.

Good luck in your endeavours!! Cheers and happy holidays.

0 Kudos
cgm23
by
New Contributor
Thank you very much for your reply. I have already solved the problem. I
think that, in one of the steps, I needed to select one of the options
presented. The fact is that it already works.
About the book: it is a very clear manual to get started with ArcGIS Pro.
It reviews all the basic operations of the application with exercises.
Greetings.
0 Kudos