Pro v3.0.0 install still running after 36 hours

Jump to solution
06-28-2022 01:24 PM
Labels (1)
wilcow
by
Occasional Contributor

it appears to be stalled at the "Removing older versions of this application" step

I've seen this happen before and when I stopped it manually to try and restart I got an error that the MSI wasn't found - had to get on a call with Support to correct it last time

So now I'm watching the Download Manager run and wondering whether to let it keep churning away or interrupt the upgrade.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Can you download from your My Esri?  If you download the file and run the executable it will extract a *.msi and *.cab file.  Running the *.msi will install Pro.  The download files option at least gives you an idea the amount of time needed to get the executable.  Running the install program (aka *.msi) didn't take much time at all.

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

3 Replies
wilcow
by
Occasional Contributor

In case it wasn't clear, I'm running the update from ArcGIS Pro, not a fresh install

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Can you download from your My Esri?  If you download the file and run the executable it will extract a *.msi and *.cab file.  Running the *.msi will install Pro.  The download files option at least gives you an idea the amount of time needed to get the executable.  Running the install program (aka *.msi) didn't take much time at all.

... sort of retired...
wilcow
by
Occasional Contributor

that's what I ended up having to do after we lost power last night. downloading and running the .exe worked

0 Kudos