Select to view content in your preferred language

Pro 3.3 georeferenced image disappears

05-31-2024 01:53 PM
ALV
by
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have 3 images to georeference but they will not display at all in ArcGIS Pro 3.3.0. I became frustrated and used Desktop to georeference instead and then bring the images back into Pro. The control points are there, the image is where it should be, and the coordinate system is the same as the map. No transparency is applied to the images and pyramids and statistics are built. 

Thanks for help in advance!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

open a new map, don't set its coordinate system and add the image

what happens?

what is the coordinate system supposed to be for the image?

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
ALV
by
New Contributor II

Hello Dan-

The coordinate system in State Plane PA North. I did as you suggested and opened a new map - no coordinate system set. The map zooms to the correct location but the images do not appear at all.  

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Can you share us your screenshort before you save to a new file with State Plane PA North ?

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Not sure how you change the coordinate system is the same as the map but how do you change it ?

Usually, at the beginning of the map and at the Content Pane. I can see at the "As Builts" , open that properties and then take look at the each layer's properties and make sure all of them are in the same coordinate system.  If one or more of them are not in the same, Copy them to a new map and keep it there..

I did this before but I have not done in 3.3 yet so maybe I hope it is the same as  previous version before... Let us know what you found or not.

And One more thing, when you save the geoference as a new file, make sure it is the same coordinate system too.

It has been a while since I lasted use this method...

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

This might be helpful for you to review how to georeference...

https://learn.arcgis.com/en/projects/georeference-imagery-in-arcgis-pro/

0 Kudos
ALV
by
New Contributor II

Thanks but I know how to georeference, it is the image itself that is not showing up. Two of my co-workers also tried this and have the same issue. 

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Oh okay.  Keep trying and could be a bug ....

0 Kudos