Pro 3.0 won't install without Desktop Runtime 6.0.5. I installed it but still get error.

Jump to solution
06-27-2022 12:33 PM
Labels (1)
smithsonpc
New Contributor

I just bought ArcGIS Pro 3.0 Personal license to use on a Windows 11 PC. The install fails with a message that I need Windows Desktop Runtime 6.0.5 x64 or better. I installed ver 6.0.6 but still get the same error message.

0 Kudos
28 Replies
ReginaDawkins
New Contributor II

You're very welcome Mr. Patrick 😊

0 Kudos
myxBeni
New Contributor

Well, just for people like me, who tend to over-read important things: there is ".NET Desktop Runtime" and there is ".NET Runtime". You need the ".NET Desktop Runtime" (or a package that includes that, such as "SDK")...

KarlLinderoth
New Contributor

Thank you! .NET Desktop Runtime fixed it for me.

0 Kudos
DannyPortillo
New Contributor

I ran into the same issue. ArcGIS Pro would only run in the background after upgrading to Ver. 3.03 and .NET 6.0.5 as recommended. I called ESRI and a VERY good technician spent an hour with me until he figured it out. 

Here is a brief snapshot of the steps taken to make start working again.

• Issue launching ArcGISPro 3.x
  • Correct version of desktop .NET installed
  • ArcGISPro shows in taskmanager but doesn't actually launch
  • ArcGISPro does launch when manually executing C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\binArcGISPro.dll from command line using the dotnet command (Command Window)
  • Checked trusted certs and found that they were missing DigiCert Trusted Root G4
  • Provided a link to download (https://cacerts.digicert.com/DigiCertTrustedRootG4.crt.pem)
  • Imported DigiCert Trusted Root G4 via certmgr (Certificate Manager)
  • Able to launch ArcGISPro after importing
0 Kudos
LisaPierce1
New Contributor III

Hi Craig,  I'm having this problem with .NET 6.0.11 
Suggestions? 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
AnnikaAvery
New Contributor

I am a bit late the the thread here, but in case this helps anyone... I had this same issue. I was able to resolve it by installing the exact Microsoft .NET Desktop Runtime 6.0.5 (x64) that the installer message I received asked for. The installer states that a more recent version is fine, however, this was not the case. Additionally, I had the latest 8.0 .NET Desktop Runtime installed as well. Hope this helps!

JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The vast majority of the patches to .NET 6.0.x are security patches, so it is strongly recommended to always run the latest version.  In your case, I suspect it wasn't .NET 6.0.5 specifically that resolved the issue but more uninstalling and re-installing .NET 6.0.x that fixed any issues where .NET 8.0.x and previous .NET 6.0.x settings may have been conflicting.

0 Kudos
RedFoxx
New Contributor II

Hiya,

I am a user trying to install ArcGIS Pro 3.2 (no prior installation). I am running Windows 11 on a laptop with appropriate RAM, disk space, graphics drivers, CPU, etc, x64. I have used the diagnostic tool and confirmed my system can run ArcGIS Pro. Every time I try, however, I am hit with the "Please install .NET 6.0.X, 6.0.5 minimum" error. I have browsed multiple online forums (ESRI, Reddit, GIS boards, Microsoft Help, etc) and have not been able to find a solution. I will list the following attempts, and bear in mind that I restart every time I (properly, from control panel) install and uninstall any .NET/ArcGIS Pro application, and never have two different versions installed at the same time:

1. verified the checksums

2. installed (singularly, with no other versions installed) various .NET desktop runtime versions from 6.0.5 to 6.0.25

3. installed (same deal) various .NET runtime versions from 6.05 to 6.0.25

4. 2 and 3, concurrently

5. installed various .NET runtime SDK versions in the same patch range as listed above

6. silent installation (and I have tried this for every .NET version I have tried)

7. clean boot

8. verified, for every version, that .NET runtime is detected by the system through command prompt

9. ensured, for all versions, I am installing the x64 version (which matches my computer)

10. disabled other .NET framework applications/drivers in windows features

11. Installed .NET using winget, alternatively -- the other downloads have come as executable windows installation media from the official website. Visual Studios is not an issue as I uninstalled it.

0 Kudos
RedFoxx
New Contributor II

Solved

0 Kudos