Pro 2.0 won't log into Portal

Jump to solution
06-27-2017 02:57 PM
MarkCederholm
Occasional Contributor III

I upgraded Pro to 2.0 and it won't log into Portal for licensing.  It logs into ArcGIS Online for licensing just fine.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RichardKachelriess
Occasional Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.0 requires the ArcGIS 10.5.1 License Manager for Concurrent Use or Named User via Portal for ArcGIS licenses.

To upgrade your license manager, please contact your organization’s system administrator, or follow these simple steps:

1. Log into the computer as a user with administrative privileges.
  2. Log into MyEsri and go to My Organizations > Downloads. From the Downloads section, select Product Components, search for “License Manager” and click “Download” beside the ArcGIS License Manager product.
  3. Download the appropriate license manager platform your organization uses.  The license manager will download and run the setup program.
  4. Follow the instructions on the screen.

The ArcGIS License Manager 10.5.1 is backwards compatible with previous versions of ArcGIS Pro and ArcMap.

Details about managing ArcGIS Pro with Concurrent Use licenses are available in the ArcGIS Pro Online Help.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

Is the License Server Administrator at  Version 10.5.1?

0 Kudos
RichardKachelriess
Occasional Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.0 requires the ArcGIS 10.5.1 License Manager for Concurrent Use or Named User via Portal for ArcGIS licenses.

To upgrade your license manager, please contact your organization’s system administrator, or follow these simple steps:

1. Log into the computer as a user with administrative privileges.
  2. Log into MyEsri and go to My Organizations > Downloads. From the Downloads section, select Product Components, search for “License Manager” and click “Download” beside the ArcGIS License Manager product.
  3. Download the appropriate license manager platform your organization uses.  The license manager will download and run the setup program.
  4. Follow the instructions on the screen.

The ArcGIS License Manager 10.5.1 is backwards compatible with previous versions of ArcGIS Pro and ArcMap.

Details about managing ArcGIS Pro with Concurrent Use licenses are available in the ArcGIS Pro Online Help.

MarkCederholm

I thought it was only needed for concurrent licenses on LM itself, not named users on Portal.  I'll look into it, thanks..

0 Kudos
RichardKachelriess
Occasional Contributor

Nope, updating the License Manager is required for both. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

0 Kudos
MarkCederholm

LM was upgraded over the weekend, and Pro is happy now.  Thanks again.

JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Pro Named Users licenses in Portal are basically concurrent licenses with Portal being a middle man regulating who gets what.

0 Kudos