Preserve first and last stop not working

Jump to solution
06-13-2019 07:30 AM
ChandlerCallison
New Contributor III

I'm making a route in ArcGIS Pro and I need the first and last stop to be the office. In the sequence I manual make them the first and last stop, but when I run the routing tool with "Preserve First and Last Stop" option, only the first stop is preserved. The last stop gets moved to the 6th spot instead. Curb approach is either side, and u-turns are allowed. Any ideas what's going on?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

From the second screenshot, it appears that the last two stops might not have been included in the analysis. (I can see that they don't have an ArriveCurbApproach or DepartCurbApproach.)  This usually happens if the points are not located (they were accidentally out in the ocean or something) or they were not reachable from the other points (they were on some part of the network that was cut off from the rest).

If you scroll over a little and find the Status field, that will tell you something about what happened. I bet they'll say "Not reached" or "Not located" or something like that.

You can also check the Route solver warning messages by clicking the little launcher button on the Route tab under the Run button:

I bet there are warnings that got generated that will say what happened to those last two points.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Can you post a screenshot of your attribute table?  Also, are you using a local on-disk network dataset, or are you using the ArcGIS Online services as your network data source?

In general, Pro pays attention to the Sequence field in the Stops table.  If the stop you want last is last in the table but has a Sequence value that is less than some other stop, then it won't end up as last in the analysis.

ChandlerCallison
New Contributor III

This is the attribute table before I run the analysis. After I run it with Preserve First and Last Stop, the one that should be last is actually 6th. I'm using data we have on our local network, not ArcGIS Online services. I've also attached the stops list after I run the analysis, which shows that the stop I had as the 8th and last stop (End) is now actually in the 6th position.

0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

From the second screenshot, it appears that the last two stops might not have been included in the analysis. (I can see that they don't have an ArriveCurbApproach or DepartCurbApproach.)  This usually happens if the points are not located (they were accidentally out in the ocean or something) or they were not reachable from the other points (they were on some part of the network that was cut off from the rest).

If you scroll over a little and find the Status field, that will tell you something about what happened. I bet they'll say "Not reached" or "Not located" or something like that.

You can also check the Route solver warning messages by clicking the little launcher button on the Route tab under the Run button:

I bet there are warnings that got generated that will say what happened to those last two points.

0 Kudos
ChandlerCallison
New Contributor III

That's the problem. Nothing popped up after the analysis ran, and I didn't know that button was even there. Thanks!

0 Kudos