Select to view content in your preferred language

PNG's not pasting into map layout with transparent background

Jump to solution
02-22-2023 01:00 PM
coolflippers
New Contributor III

I have a few sponsor logos in png format with transparent backgrounds. How do I get these into an ArcPro map layout with the backgrounds still transparent? I am trying to overlay the logos on the map frame, somewhere in Lake Superior.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
coolflippers
New Contributor III

I resolved this by using the Insert tool in the ribbon, in the same box as inserting other objects such as text boxes or shape, there's also an option to insert a picture. It's the box to the left of Dynamic Text, where all the other map items are, like scale bar and legend. Seemed to work for png and svg, not sure if I did a jpeg. I had been simply copy-pasting them into the layout.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor
coolflippers
New Contributor III

I resolved this by using the Insert tool in the ribbon, in the same box as inserting other objects such as text boxes or shape, there's also an option to insert a picture. It's the box to the left of Dynamic Text, where all the other map items are, like scale bar and legend. Seemed to work for png and svg, not sure if I did a jpeg. I had been simply copy-pasting them into the layout.

0 Kudos