Select to view content in your preferred language

PDF export issue: Glyph width info in PDF does not match width info in embedded font

02-28-2024 06:22 AM
Labels (1)
ErikBreedon
New Contributor III

Hello, I'm experiencing a problem with PDFs using a proprietary font from my employer. Because the issue is only present in PDFs created in ArcGIS Pro, and not ArcMap or Microsoft Office, I thought I'd bring the issue here.

I first realized this issue when attempting to print a file I created in ArcGIS Pro. I export my files as PDFs and embed fonts. The exported map looked fine, but when printed, about half the letter characters in the map were missing. The problem went away when I printed as image. I used Adobe Acrobat's Preflight pane to analyze the PDF, and found that "Glyph width info in PDF does not match width info in embedded font" on basically every label in the map that used this font.

To test if the issue repeated itself in ArcMap, I created a simple layout with a text box and exported to PDF. No issues. I created the same layout in ArcGIS Pro, and found the issue again.

These test PDFs are attached, and so is a screenshot of the Preflight analysis of the ArcGIS Pro test file.

I am using ArcGIS Pro 3.2.0. I've tried converting the TTF to an OTF font and reinstalling it, but that did not change anything for me on my PC.

I can fix the glyph width information using Adobe Acrobat Preflight, but this is an extra step I'd like to avoid.

Is there perhaps an issue in how ArcGIS Pro embeds fonts?

0 Kudos
0 Replies