Select to view content in your preferred language

Ortho Mapping not accepting .tif images

02-17-2022 04:06 PM
Labels (1)
bobscarto
New Contributor II

I'm learning how to do an Ortho Mapping workflow using drone images.  I have been successful using .jpg images from one drone mission app, but another app produces raw (.dng) images.  These images do contain the full Exif metadata (lat.long.elev), and I have converted them to .tif using Photoshop, and confirmed that the Exif metadata has been retained.  However, when I reach the point in ArcGISPro (2.9) Ortho Mapping workflow to Add Image Collection, and navigate to the folder containing the .tif files, I get the message that No Images Were Found (which is what I get when I try to add raw images).  I understood from the tutorials that ArcGISPro will work with raster formats, including .tif and .jpg, but there seems to be a problem with .tif. Any ideas on what's going wrong here? I tried to attach one of the .tif files below, but the blog says that the file type (.tif) is not supported, which seems a bit strange.

Cheers, Bob

0 Kudos
1 Reply
bobscarto
New Contributor II

This is an update to my original post.  I just tried converting the .tifs that don't open in ArcGISPro to .jpgs using the same Photoshop batch method, and the .jpgs don't work with Ortho Mapping, so the problem seems to be either conversion from the original raws, or the original raws themselves.  Is there any feature in AGP to convert a raw/.dng to a format acceptable for Ortho Mapping?

Cheers, Bob

Cheers, Bob

0 Kudos