Offline Mode Not Working - Locked out of ArcGIS Pro

02-16-2020 08:47 PM
StevenMaberry
New Contributor

I am getting the following message: "The account cannot be used to authorize ArcGIS Pro as it has already been configured to use in offline mode on some other device,"

I used ArcGIS Pro most of the day without issue. At one point I restarted my computer, and I have not been able to use the program since. Prior to restarting, I changed the name of my computer (settings - system - about - rename this PC). Assuming this was the issue, I changed the name back to what it was and restarted the computer - no change. I attempted a system restore from before a Windows update two days ago; however, the update failed because it could restore iCloud Drive. 

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I have no idea what to do. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

Steven,

My guess is that you originally used an account from ArcGIS Online (AGOL) to log into ArcGIS Pro.  At some point, you took the licenses offline which means you stored the licenses locally on your machine to be used without access to AGOL.  Pro will start without having to sign in at this point.  When you changed your computer name, that likely broke the locally stored license.  The problem is the account you used still has an offline status.  If you used the account to log into Pro on any machine, it will always give you that error message.  You can go to www.arcgis.com and log in with an account with administrative access to see the status of all members of the organization.  

To resolve the issue, you will need to contact Esri Customer Service to have a representative clear the account's status.  Once cleared, you can then log into Pro using that account.