Select to view content in your preferred language

Not able to sign in

Jump to solution
10-29-2014 07:33 AM
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Hey everybody,

I just downloaded ArcGIS Pro but I am not able to sign in. In the help file it says once downloaded and installed, I should be able to use my organizational account to sign in and start ArcGIS Pro.

When I start up ArcGIS Pro I see screenshot 1. I then click on "Configure your licensing portal". What URL am I supposed to put under Sign in to ArcGIS Online? I assume this is why I am not able to sign in?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Tim

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Brian,

thanks for the quick replies and trying to help!

I figured it out.

I right-clicked the screen, properties and copied the Address URL. I pasted the link into IE, which told me that I needed to enable SSL and TSL (Go to Internet Options -> Advanced -> Scroll down to security and check the SSL and TSL checkboxes.

When I went there I noticed that TSL was not checked. Once I checked it and restarted ArcGIS Pro I am now able to see the login screen.

Might be something to add to the help file in case other people run into this issue.

Tim

View solution in original post

6 Replies
BrianSapp
Esri Contributor

Hi Tim,

Do you know if your Admin for your ArcGIS Online account has granted your user name permissions to ArcGIS Pro?  The license manager is now built into ArcGIS Online and only available to ArcGIS Online Administrators.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brian

0 Kudos
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Hey Brian,

Yes, my admin has given my user name the permission. Maybe the url I am using is wrong (see screenshot)?

Tim

0 Kudos
BrianSapp
Esri Contributor

Hi Tim,

Try changing your URL to http://www.arcgis.com/.  This is the URL that I login into, but use my Organization's login credentials.

Brian

0 Kudos
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Even with this URL I still get the same screen.

0 Kudos
BrianSapp
Esri Contributor

I'm reaching out to some other colleagues to see if they can help from customer support.  This is as far as the Marketing guy can go 😉

Brian

0 Kudos
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Brian,

thanks for the quick replies and trying to help!

I figured it out.

I right-clicked the screen, properties and copied the Address URL. I pasted the link into IE, which told me that I needed to enable SSL and TSL (Go to Internet Options -> Advanced -> Scroll down to security and check the SSL and TSL checkboxes.

When I went there I noticed that TSL was not checked. Once I checked it and restarted ArcGIS Pro I am now able to see the login screen.

Might be something to add to the help file in case other people run into this issue.

Tim