Non-GDB Oracle database table — Can't delete field from attribute table

Jump to solution
04-27-2023 01:17 AM
Labels (1)
Bud
by
Honored Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 3.1.1

I have a standalone table in an Oracle 18c XE database that is not an enterprise geodatabase.

I want to delete a field from the table using attribute table functionality. But when I right-click on a field in the attribute table, the Delete option is greyed out.

Bud_0-1682582932579.png

The hover-over text says:

This command is currently unavailable.

The project has unsaved edits, the field is required, or the table or its schema is read only.

I don't think any of those statements apply to this scenario. 

Meanwhile, I am able to delete the field from the Catalog —> Fields view without issue.

Video:

Is that a known issue?
Shouldn't I be able to delete a field from the attribute table, just like I can do with a table from an enterprise geodatabase table (and when using the Catalog —> Fields view)?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

When you add your Database Table (ie not from an Enterprise Geodatabase) into Pro, it is added as a Query Table (see Properties) into the map's Table of Contents, hence you cannot edit it's structure.

ChrisUnderwood_0-1683045060602.png

But in Catalog it is a Database Table, so you can edit it.

With an Enterprise Geodatabase both of these are type Enterprise Geodatabase Table, so you can edit in the Table of Contents and Catalog.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

When you add your Database Table (ie not from an Enterprise Geodatabase) into Pro, it is added as a Query Table (see Properties) into the map's Table of Contents, hence you cannot edit it's structure.

ChrisUnderwood_0-1683045060602.png

But in Catalog it is a Database Table, so you can edit it.

With an Enterprise Geodatabase both of these are type Enterprise Geodatabase Table, so you can edit in the Table of Contents and Catalog.