No "Catalog" pane option in ArcGIS Pro 1.4

11-08-2017 10:46 AM
JasonCarter1
New Contributor III

I'm following this tutorial:

Precondition the elevation model—Predict Floods with Unit Hydrographs | ArcGIS 

And in my version of ArcGIS pro there is no option for Catalog under the view tab, as the tutorial suggests. There is a "Tasks" option but there is no task in the window pan when I open it. 

What am I missing here?

In the Catalog pane, expand the Tasks folder.

Note:

If the Catalog pane isn't open, on the View tab, in the Windows group, click Catalog and choose Catalog Pane.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

In Pro 1.4 the 'Catalog' was called the 'Project' pane.  Yes, I know, this flipping around names was in response to people wanting the Catalog back, even though it isn't quite the same as ArcMap's ArcCatalog

0 Kudos
JasonCarter1
New Contributor III

Thanks Dan. That makes more sense. Now, when I open the tasks this tutorial shows a task already loaded. I'm not seeing it in the zip file I downloaded. Very confused on how to access this? 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I think you should install pro 2.0.1.  There is no reason to keep using 1.4.

Also, What's New.... is a link you should have bookmarked to see what changes occur between the versions.

0 Kudos
TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jason,

The task is not saved as a file in the zip file. Instead, it is part of the project, so you’ll access it directly from within ArcGIS Pro. In the Catalog pane (formerly Project pane), expand the “Tasks” folder. The task should be in the folder.

Tim

0 Kudos