Select to view content in your preferred language

New domain not showing in Domains View

07-27-2023 11:17 AM
Labels (1)
AllenDailey1
Occasional Contributor III

I created a new domain for a file geodatabase by using the Create Domain geoprocessing tool.  It ran successfully.  Then I opened Domains View by right clicking on the file geodatabase > domains.  Domains View opened, but the new domain was not listed.  In the Catalog pane, I did: right click on file geodatabase > Refresh.  I also refreshed the folder that the file geodatabase is in.  The domain did not show up in Domains View.  Then I closed Domains View and refreshed the folder and file geodatabase again.  I re-opened Domains View, but the new domain still did not show up.  I waited a few minutes and repeated the process - still nothing.  Finally, I closed Pro and reopened my project.  Then the domain showed up.  Is this a known problem?  It would be great if it wasn't that hard.  Going forward, I will try creating domains in Domains View, rather than with the geoprocessing tool, and I'm hoping that will work more smoothly.

2 Replies
AyanPalit
Esri Regular Contributor

@AllenDailey1 What is the ArcGIS Pro version? I am not aware of a known issue but sometimes system tools like security, Anti-virus software starts scanning new files created on disk.   You may also review recent issues fixes at Release notes for ArcGIS Pro

Ayan Palit | Principal Consultant Esri
0 Kudos
AllenDailey1
Occasional Contributor III

Ok, thank you!  I am using Pro 3.0.3.

0 Kudos