Select to view content in your preferred language

Need symbology from multiple layers for the Merge layer

Jump to solution
11-07-2018 11:47 AM
AmeliaNewsam
Regular Contributor

I can't figure out how to import the symbology from multiple layers after merging them into one in ArcGIS Pro.

Thanks,

Amy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You should only need to import once.  Whether it works fully will depend on the field you used and its contents and whether one classification scheme can cover all cases.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Are they all symbolized on the same field?

It may just need to be recreated, if you didn't save the symbology to a *.lyrx file, then try importing that symbology.  It may just update using any missing or unique attributes in the field

0 Kudos
AmeliaNewsam
Regular Contributor

Hi Dan,

Yes, they are all symbolized on the same field. I am able to import

symbology from a single layer, but if I try to do that multiple times, to

get all the symbology from all the layers, it just replaces the most

recently imported one. I am not familiar with saving to a .lyrx file, so

I'll look into that. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You should only need to import once.  Whether it works fully will depend on the field you used and its contents and whether one classification scheme can cover all cases.

AmeliaNewsam
Regular Contributor

Right, that's the problem.  I have different classification schemes for each layer.  I've already gone ahead and redone the symbology from scratch, but in the future I will be sure to keep the same symbology from layer to layer.  The only problem with that is that then you have an extremely long legend, when you may only have a few of the classes in each layer.  Perhaps what I'm using this for is unusual and others don't typically come up against this problem. 

0 Kudos