My labels are no showing up in ArcMap...

Jump to solution
01-18-2019 09:53 AM
KellyBarber
New Contributor

My labels are no showing up in ArcMap. I have the "label features in this layer" box checked and have messed around with placement properties and font, etc...but still cannot see my labels anywhere..Any advice?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WendyHarrison
Esri Contributor

Hi Will,

a quick way to see if the label engine is trying to label the features but they're not fitting is to click the unplaced labels button.  this is on the Labeling toolbar

Customize > Toolbars > Labeling

it's the tag icon with the red x on it

if you're not seeing labels because they don't fit you will now see them in red.  at this point you'll need to work on the labeling parameters to fit them in so they place.

if you don't see anything then something else is stopping them.  things to check:

is there data in the field you're using to label?

is there a scale range present that you're outside of?

is there a sql query that has narrowed down what you're labeling?

thanks

Wendy

View solution in original post

2 Replies
WendyHarrison
Esri Contributor

Hi Will,

a quick way to see if the label engine is trying to label the features but they're not fitting is to click the unplaced labels button.  this is on the Labeling toolbar

Customize > Toolbars > Labeling

it's the tag icon with the red x on it

if you're not seeing labels because they don't fit you will now see them in red.  at this point you'll need to work on the labeling parameters to fit them in so they place.

if you don't see anything then something else is stopping them.  things to check:

is there data in the field you're using to label?

is there a scale range present that you're outside of?

is there a sql query that has narrowed down what you're labeling?

thanks

Wendy

KellyBarber
New Contributor

WOW! Thank you so much, fixed it!

-Will