Multiple refence scales

04-22-2021 05:02 AM
Labels (1)
Luciečervená
New Contributor II

Hi

i would like to ask if there is any way how to set up multiple refences scale for map in arcgis pro 2.7.2. I have map contains 190 layers with custom symbology. In some scales it is can be kinda irritating (symbology for points is too big, or too small, lines are too thin or too big etc.).

So i need to set up:

at scale max - 10 000, refence scale to 1:10 000, 

at scale 10 000 - 1 000 refence scale to 1:1 000

at scale 1 00 - min refence scale to 1:250

Every layer have like 5-50 custome symbols so changing scale range symbology for every symbol would make me crazy (probably). 

i was thinking about sharing 3 maps for every refence scale but i need to use it at app, and it should be user-friendly and still selecteble, filtreable etc. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DrVSSKiran
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

At first, you can set reference scales in multiple layers in the ArcGIS Pro Content pane or Arc Map table of content and save it as an ArcMap MXD or ArcGIS Pro Project file and they share the map as a web map layers. And once the web map is published then you can access this map in your application.  It will work.

I have experienced the same thing in last year where I have 84 layers and different symbols based on attribute values.  So a total of 500+ symbols has been marked on 84 layers. I have created multiple groups and later set the reference scale on each group and published it as a web map.

0 Kudos
Luciečervená
New Contributor II

Hey, 

but i need multiple refences scales for multiple layers. Properties for map allow me set only one refence scale for all scales. 

0 Kudos
DrVSSKiran
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

PFA the reference material.

0 Kudos