Select to view content in your preferred language

move the Measure tool out of the way

Jump to solution
04-24-2023 09:24 AM
Craig_Eissler_Iceman
Occasional Contributor III

Hello, this may be a silly question but, how do you move the Measure Tool out of the way?

It seem to be stuck in the upper-left part of the View pane, and can only be collapsed? I still want to see it.

...I realize I can pan my map, but I don't want to have to so that. ...Can it just not float or be docked elsewhere?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
JesseWickizer
Esri Contributor

When you hover over the Measure tool a transparent gray border appears around the tool. Click and drag that transparent gray area to move the Measure tool around the map. 

JesseWickizer_0-1682355491535.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
BarryNorthey

Using AGP 3.1.1. You can reposition the Measure Distance tool rather than panning the Map or minimize the tool while keeping it active; don't see see a float or dock option.

BarryNorthey_0-1682354825797.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JesseWickizer
Esri Contributor

When you hover over the Measure tool a transparent gray border appears around the tool. Click and drag that transparent gray area to move the Measure tool around the map. 

JesseWickizer_0-1682355491535.png

0 Kudos
Craig_Eissler_Iceman

Ah OK, thanks -- that helps some -- though it appears that you still cannot move it off the Map View

0 Kudos
BarryNorthey

Using AGP 3.1.1. You can reposition the Measure Distance tool rather than panning the Map or minimize the tool while keeping it active; don't see see a float or dock option.

BarryNorthey_0-1682354825797.png

0 Kudos