Move Leader Line on Callout Pro

05-16-2019 11:00 AM
chadhickman
Occasional Contributor III

Does anyone know how to move the leader line on annotation callout boxes in Pro? This was soooo easy in ArcMap, ugh!

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Are you using the Annotation edit tool?

Here's some help about adding/deleting the leader: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/editing/add-or-remove-a-leader-line.htm

As for moving it:

AZendel

Is there any way to do this with a graphic text (not map annotation nor database annotation) on a layout?  If I select the out-of-the-box "callout" symbol from the Text subpanel on the Insert panel and then drag a box, I don't get a leader.  How do you put text graphics with a callout on a map layout?  I'm using Pro 2.5 (just released last week)

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi A Zendel, 

Tight-click the text element to open the context menu. There is a command "Add Leader" which will add the leader line.

Once the the leader has been added you should get the selection handle to re-position the leader line end point.

Hope this helps, 

Tom

AZendel

It does! Thanks. I had scoured the Properties dialog, but didn't see that one line that adds a leader.

But when you click an out-of-the-box text symbol that shows a leader and then add it to a layout, someone could argue that the leader should be present automatically. Perhaps this should be a suggested enhancement.