MMPK: Pro Annotation

Jump to solution
07-06-2017 10:30 AM
MarkCederholm
Occasional Contributor III

I see that the new Pro annotation is not yet supported in mobile map packages.  Is that on the road map?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Mark,

Still, in the coming soon category.   While ArcGIS Pro 2.3 will write annotation into a mobile map package, we still need to do the work client side (Esri Runtime) and release new versions of the apps (Explorer, Navigator, etc..) that can read the annotation.

The Esri Runtime is schedule for completion in March, updated apps will be released soon after..

Also, you will need to create your annotation with ArcGIS Pro 2.3 and future versions.  Prior annotation is not supported for packaging in a Mobile Map.

Mark

View solution in original post

16 Replies
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

It is a known Enhancement request.

0 Kudos
MarkCederholm

Any progress on this, Esri?  Would it be more sexy to designate it as a mobile client friendly technology, such as label tiles?

Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

In reviewing the AGP 2.3 (internal) Help Doc, topology, annotation, and route layers are not supported in *.mmpk's.  As Mark referenced above, it's a known enhancement request - not sure where it falls in the Dev process though.

0 Kudos
MarkCederholm

Thanks for the reply.  There are genuine cartographic principles at issue here.  Representations were also an attempt to address them some time ago, and what happened to that?  Perhaps cross-platform, web/mobile mapping is still not considered a place for serious map makers. 

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Sorry - correction to my last response.  The internal help redirected to the 2.2 help.  According to What's New at 2.3 - "Upgraded annotation can be packaged in Mobile Map Packages" - so yes!

0 Kudos
MarkCederholm

Rejoice!  I look forward to my first demo to my Electric clients!

MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Mark,

Still, in the coming soon category.   While ArcGIS Pro 2.3 will write annotation into a mobile map package, we still need to do the work client side (Esri Runtime) and release new versions of the apps (Explorer, Navigator, etc..) that can read the annotation.

The Esri Runtime is schedule for completion in March, updated apps will be released soon after..

Also, you will need to create your annotation with ArcGIS Pro 2.3 and future versions.  Prior annotation is not supported for packaging in a Mobile Map.

Mark

JosephTauer
New Contributor II

ESRI Mark,

Curious to know if there has been any recent progress and/or news on the updated ESRI apps to be able to read upgraded ArcGIS pro 2.3 annotation?  Thanks...

Based on the What's New in 2.3, I was excited to upgrade our annotation file(s) to test how this would work on a mmpk, but didn't know ESRI apps can't read it yet.

0 Kudos
MarkCederholm

I just got back from the DevSummit, and the word is that Runtime release 100.5 is supposed to support annotation and reference scales, and is due out the end of March.