Select to view content in your preferred language

Merging multiple points into one point, depending on a category.

Jump to solution
10-30-2022 12:21 PM
DAMAK
by
New Contributor

Hello,

I have a layer with many points that I could cluster using the "Find Point Cluster" tool. I would now like to merge the individual clusters, which consist of several points, into one point. I have found the tool "Pairwise Integrated" that basically does exactly what I am looking for, namely merging multiple points into one point. However, in this case I want only points that have the same cluster ID to be merged. Is there a tool that could help me here? That would be great!

The second picture shows some ofthe clusters. All oft them consist of several points, that I would like to have merged.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanLee
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

You can do the following:

1. Run Dissolve tool with CLUSTER_ID as Dissolve Field. Make sure this box is checked:

DanLee_0-1667245508149.png

The output should be mpoint features, each contains points belonging to the particular cluster.

2. Run Feature To Point tool on the mpoint features. The output should be points, each represents an mpoint feature, i.e. a cluster.

Does that work for you?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DanLee
Esri Regular Contributor

You can do the following:

1. Run Dissolve tool with CLUSTER_ID as Dissolve Field. Make sure this box is checked:

DanLee_0-1667245508149.png

The output should be mpoint features, each contains points belonging to the particular cluster.

2. Run Feature To Point tool on the mpoint features. The output should be points, each represents an mpoint feature, i.e. a cluster.

Does that work for you?

DAMAK
by
New Contributor

Thanks a lot! This is exactly what I need. The new layer looks really good.

0 Kudos
DanLee
Esri Regular Contributor

You are welcome! Glad it worked for you. 🙂

0 Kudos