Merge of features in layer package

Jump to solution
03-06-2021 05:09 AM
Ruben
by
New Contributor II

Hello,

I accidentally merged some features from a layer package that i had downloaded for ArcGIS pro on desktop (this one: https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=1b328981e4644f5a82f3ea995db92517). Since i could not undo the merge I just removed the layer package from my pc and then re-downloaded it. However, when i open the re-downloaded layer package those features are still merged. This also happens when i open a completely new project and then insert the re-downloaded layer package. Is there a way to retrieve the original layer package?

Thanks in advance,

Ruben

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you're re-downloading the file, it shouldn't retain any changes that you have made.

However, note that when you open that package, it is copying a geodatabase to your ArcGIS/Packages folder (you should see a brief loading bar that says "unpacking"). I wonder if the layer package sees that it already exists on your machine and doesn't re-copy it on future attempts.

jcarlson_0-1615038522913.png

I tested what you describe, and my merged features persist as well. I would go into your Packages folder, delete the GDB, then re-open the layer package, and it should create a fresh copy with no changes.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you're re-downloading the file, it shouldn't retain any changes that you have made.

However, note that when you open that package, it is copying a geodatabase to your ArcGIS/Packages folder (you should see a brief loading bar that says "unpacking"). I wonder if the layer package sees that it already exists on your machine and doesn't re-copy it on future attempts.

jcarlson_0-1615038522913.png

I tested what you describe, and my merged features persist as well. I would go into your Packages folder, delete the GDB, then re-open the layer package, and it should create a fresh copy with no changes.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
Ruben
by
New Contributor II

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos