Select to view content in your preferred language

Mapservice legend shows up on its own in Export

07-08-2020 12:52 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a layout and trying to configure the Legend.  In the layout view, I have configured to have a single layer of population density in the legend.  This works fine.  However, when I export a jpg or pdf, a mapservice I pulled in from another party has it's turned on items show up in the legend.  The only way I can control them in the Legend when I export the map is to turn the layers on and off in the Map Frame.  The mapservice legend items are not showing up in the on screen layout and the items from the mapservice are not in the Legend Contents.  These items are shown below.  The mapservice items are the water features and the Tax Parcel Composite.

To stress this again, they are not in the on screen layout.  They only appear when I export the map.  

Can I turn this off in the legend and have them on in the Map Frame?

I'm using ArcGIS Pro 2.5.2

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Brian, 

I'm sorry you are running into this issue. Unfortunately, I cannot think of any workaround that works for Map Service layers. You may have to convert the legend to graphics and remove the items you do not want in the legend manually.

The good news - this issue that has been fixed for version 2.6.

Thanks, 

Tom

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Tom,

I downloaded a couple of the layers via the REST service and visualized it locally. I'll look forward to 2.6 for this fix and other new features. Brian

0 Kudos