Select to view content in your preferred language

Make Route Event Layer - Force creation of short route event lines?

yesterday
RandyMcGregor_BMcD
New Contributor III

I am creating linear route events from a table that as some very small differences between fmeas and tmeas. The differences are not zero, but the lines are not being drawn. Is there a way to force the Make Route Event Layer tool to make lines for very short distances? We are crossing streams and need these segments.

Thank you,

Randy McGregor

RandyMcGregor_BMcD_0-1722447244247.png

2 Replies
Bud
by
Honored Contributor

If you don’t get an answer, you could post it as an idea.

If the data is in an enterprise or mobile geodatabase: If this is an absolute must-have, as a very, very last resort, you might be able to do it using a spatial database view. I tried something similar (a linear referencing/dynamic segmentation spatial view) using SDE.ST_ST_GEOMETRY data in Oracle, but the math was horribly complicated and performance was awful. It was better with SDO_GROMETRY, but still pretty ugly. Likely not worth doing.

Maybe you could generate a static linear referencing/dynamic segmentation FC using ArcPy instead.

0 Kudos
Bud
by
Honored Contributor

Could you create a point route event layer instead of lines?

I wonder if you could post a similar question in the Esri Roads and Highways community, even though you're not using that product. I assume the Route Event Layer tool is still relavent to that community.

Does the map or layer have some sort of XY tolerance setting?

You could also report it as a bug to Esri support.

0 Kudos