Select to view content in your preferred language

Location Allocation - Too many facilties, and other errors

yesterday
Labels (1)
KarissaEllis
New Contributor

I am fairly new to ArcGIS Pro (am doing a custom class project, in fact) and am working on a location allocation problem. I am trying to look at which 3 of my candidate facilities will give me the most coverage, in addition to my required existing facilities. I have done this problem once before with class data (that already had a complete network set up), but not with my own data, and am wondering if I did something wrong in the process of getting this set up. 

I did notice when adding facilities that there was an information icon and message saying "This layer's network data source imposes analysis limits, such as on the number of inputs that can be used." I am unsure how to investigate or fix this problem.

Additionally, although I am not sure if it is the cause of these errors, I am unsure whether or not the network that I had set up has everything it needs. For example, I do have a column for the estimated walking time that it takes to travel each road line, but I suspect there may be somewhere specific that I need to plug that in to, but don't know where. 

**Update to this last paragraph - I did go into the network properties and figured out how to add the walking time that I needed (I think), but the rest of the errors are still the same as before

***UPDATE 2 - I am able to run things such as "maximize coverage and minimize facilities", but not others that involve me putting in a custom facility number (for example, I was trying to maximize coverage with just 3, and have around a dozen candidates to choose from, so would not expect there to be an issue)

Here is the list of errors that I encountered: 

The number of required Facilities exceeds the number of Facilities to locate.
ERROR 030024: Solve returned a failure.
General function failure.
Failed to execute (SolveLocationAllocation).
Failed.
ERROR 030024: Solve returned a failure.
Failed to execute (Solve).

Thanks for any tips!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
muketsu

Turns out the parameters are now done on the location-allocation ribbon. I was following instructions where a picture was shown of a Solve location allocation inside the Ready to use tools. Thanks for all the replies

0 Kudos