LocateXT - non-English language text

Jump to solution
05-17-2019 07:16 AM
KonstantinNagornyuk1
New Contributor III

Is it possible to extract locations from the Russian language for example? I've tried to extract coordinates from this example on Russian but unfortunately without success. There is a difference between abbreviations. Russian: 60,91 ° с.ш., 147,34 ° з.д. (English 60.91°N, 147.34°W). 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AryleButler
Esri Contributor

Hello Konstantin, 

I've researched this issue with the developer and have confirmed that the functionality you are looking for in LocateXT is not available. At this time, it is not possible for LocateXT to read coordinates not in English notation. However, I do believe you have uncovered an error in our documentation, as we should not provide sample text in non-English notation as the functionality is not available. I will log a documentation bug for this issue, and would encourage you to use the "Отзыв по этому разделу?" at the bottom of the documentation for that page: Что такое LocateXT?—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

I would also advise posting in the ArcGIS Ideas page where you can suggest future functionality for our software and development will take it under advisement. Users can vote on the functionality they'd most like to see, and ideas posted there do receive attention from development.

Thank you,

Aryle

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MarisaClaggett
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Konstantin,

I just grabbed the Russian version of the text you mentioned and I was able to reproduce the issue.  The Extract Locations tool succeeds but no points are created. I would recommend you reach out to Esri Technical Support to log an enhancement.

https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support

Best of luck,

Marisa

0 Kudos
AryleButler
Esri Contributor

Hello Konstantin, 

I've researched this issue with the developer and have confirmed that the functionality you are looking for in LocateXT is not available. At this time, it is not possible for LocateXT to read coordinates not in English notation. However, I do believe you have uncovered an error in our documentation, as we should not provide sample text in non-English notation as the functionality is not available. I will log a documentation bug for this issue, and would encourage you to use the "Отзыв по этому разделу?" at the bottom of the documentation for that page: Что такое LocateXT?—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

I would also advise posting in the ArcGIS Ideas page where you can suggest future functionality for our software and development will take it under advisement. Users can vote on the functionality they'd most like to see, and ideas posted there do receive attention from development.

Thank you,

Aryle