Legend is replicating layers

05-23-2024 10:53 AM
Labels (1)
ChristineParkerILSR
Emerging Contributor

I'm using ArcGIS Pro 3.3.0 (updated) on Windows 11. I'm working on some layouts and thought I was going crazy, but for some reason the legend is adding random copies of layers displayed in the map frame. These extra copies don't exist in the map...so it feels like a bug. I've already tried deleting the legend and creating a new one and it's happening again. I've restarted computer/Arc. I have layer visibility turned off in the legend settings. Some of the layers can be toggled off, but some I have to right-click > remove, and then several items will disappear from the legend. 

I've included screenshots of the legend panel, the map frame panel, and what the legend looks like. This is driving me nuts and I feel like this started after the recent update...

Tags (3)
43 Replies
BrianMcAuslan1
Occasional Contributor

Tom, in order for me to get a bug request thru our intermediate support vendors to ESRI they say that ESRI  require them to be able to reproduce the event.  Which basically means I need to reproduce it

This is a great way of NOT collecting data\information on bugs!

Appreciate your efforts on this thread but in general seems difficult to get access to this quality of support 

cheers

FourCornersMapping
Regular Contributor

In case anyone working on this case needs a visual of what is happening, I made this screen recording.  It shows not being able to toggle off the duplicate layers for two different features in the Legend ("Proposed Project Extent" and "Surface Management Agency").

0 Kudos
jmaxwell_braun
Regular Contributor

That happens to me on almost every map too. I have to remove the offending layers from the legend and add them again. Of course, doing that usually duplicates them in the legends of other layouts in my project. It's a game of whack-a-mole.

0 Kudos
DavidlMason
Occasional Contributor

I'm using 3.2 still, but get this problem often. I tried deleting and repasting in the legend, but that didn't work.

However, I did have luck after changing the Map frame for the legend to "None" then back to the map I'm using. All the synchronize with map options were checked.

0 Kudos