Select to view content in your preferred language

Label overlapping feature when map reference scale is set

Jump to solution
05-26-2022 05:42 AM
Boyang_Wang
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

I am trying to avoid the label of a line feature (Feature A) to avoid overlapping a polygon feature's boundary (Feature B). I set Feature B's Boundary Feature Weight to 100, and it seems working. However, when I have reference scale set, some of Feature A's labels that are placed very close to Feature B's boundary are still overlapping as the label size does not change when zoomed in and out with reference scale set. I guess what I need is kind of a buffer of Feature B's boundary in which no label can be placed. Where is the setting in Pro to achieve this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JesseWickizer
Esri Contributor

Set the boundary feature weight to 1000 to completely prevent labels from overlapping that feature boundary. A feature weight of 100 provides a preference to avoid labeling over the boundary but can still be overlapped if other label positions are not available. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JesseWickizer
Esri Contributor

Set the boundary feature weight to 1000 to completely prevent labels from overlapping that feature boundary. A feature weight of 100 provides a preference to avoid labeling over the boundary but can still be overlapped if other label positions are not available. 

Boyang_Wang
Occasional Contributor II

I didn't know that feature weight can be above 100. This works like magic. Thanks!

0 Kudos