Select to view content in your preferred language

KML to Layer is not producing all the features in the KML

Jump to solution
09-14-2023 10:24 AM
ccowin_odfw
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

So I have an old Google MyMaps that I'd like to convert to a nice new ArcGIS Online web map that can be embedded in place. Thankfully the MyMaps allows you to download the map as a KML or KMZ. When I look at the KML or KMZ in Google Earth I can see all of the points, but when I use the Geoprocessing to convert that to a layer it does not actually convert all the features. The layer has 11 features and the KML has over 30. Tried both the KML and KMZ.

Here is the mymaps: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1o5Yv_4CvILqTJEnz65IkObeFPgBIH9A&femb=1&ll=44.0752723934698...

Any ideas?

Call ODFW office in advance to make an appointment (don't just show up) as biologists are often in the field. ODFW will collect the sample from the animal's spinal column near the brain or lymph node in the pharynx or upper throat region. Keep your deer/elk head cool prior to sampling if possible
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Many of your features in that KML are in "multi geometries". In a program like Google Earth, you need to right click on one of the features and choose split apart multi geometry. Then your KML can come into ArcGIS Pro properly.

AdrianWelsh_0-1694716360277.png

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Many of your features in that KML are in "multi geometries". In a program like Google Earth, you need to right click on one of the features and choose split apart multi geometry. Then your KML can come into ArcGIS Pro properly.

AdrianWelsh_0-1694716360277.png