Issues Editing Branched FC with ArcGIS Pro

02-28-2024 05:24 AM
SanchezNuñez
Occasional Contributor

Good morning group,

I am starting testing ArcGIS Pro editing with a branched FC using a feature service in ArcGIS Portal

The feature class has fields attached to domains, and these fields are required, So null values are not accepted. 

When I try to edit and draw a polygon shape, before I finish drawing the shape, I got the following error messages, and I cannot finish drawing the polygon:

Failed to create <FC>
Value doesn't fall within Domain: DmProjectDivision
Value doesn't fall within Domain: DmProjectType
Value doesn't fall within Domain: DmProjectMaterial
Value doesn't fall within Domain: DmProjectStatus

This FC is currently edited in ArcMap and SDE traditional versioning without any problem.

Please advise.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

If the feature class (FC) you mention above is edited in ArcMap, then it cannot be branch versioned also?

FC's are either Branch or Traditional versioned.

Are you just editing a feature service via ArcGIS Pro?

--- George T.
0 Kudos
SanchezNuñez
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @George_Thompson 

We have a production environment where we are currently editing in SDE Traditional versioning with ArcMap. 

We have a new development environment where we have an SDE branched database. In this new database  I made a copy of the FC, versioned, and published as feature service in our development ArcGIS Portal.

I am just starting testing the editing process, and I am getting this error message.

Thanks

0 Kudos
George_Thompson

Ah ok. Are you publishing to Enterprise 10.6.1?

Can you publish just a FC with no domains to branch versioning and edit in Pro?

--- George T.
0 Kudos
SanchezNuñez
Occasional Contributor

Hi @George_Thompson ,

I tried with a FC without domains and it works fine, or a FC accepting null values in the domain field and it works.

But in our case for some fields we do not want the null values, we want to make sure that user selects a value. 

Please advise

0 Kudos
George_Thompson

I am not sure why that is happening. It may be best to work with technical support to dig into this issue.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
SanchezNuñez
Occasional Contributor

Good morning group,

I am starting testing ArcGIS Pro editing with a branched FC using a feature service in ArcGIS Portal

The feature class has fields attached to domains, and these fields are required, So null values are not accepted. 

When I try to edit and draw a polygon shape, before I finish drawing the shape, I got the following error messages, and I cannot finish drawing the polygon:

Failed to create <FC>
Value doesn't fall within Domain: DmProjectDivision
Value doesn't fall within Domain: DmProjectType
Value doesn't fall within Domain: DmProjectMaterial
Value doesn't fall within Domain: DmProjectStatus

This FC is currently edited in ArcMap and SDE traditional versioning without any problem.

Please advise.

0 Kudos
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

@SanchezNuñez try unchecking "Enforce attribute validation" in Options > Editing > General

Doc here: 

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/3.1/help/editing/change-general-editing-tool-settings.htm

0 Kudos
JoseSanchez
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you @Scott_Harris 

Unchecking "Enforce attribute validation"  worked.

Thanks