Is the ability to create Custom Roads in Streetmap Premium a separate product?

06-19-2020 01:52 PM
MikeBinder
New Contributor II

My org. has streetmap premium and it has a north american routing network, but I'm a little fuzzy on the ability to create a custom road. All I want to do is add a 3/4 mile long road segment and add it to the road network. Do I need a separate product to do this? If so, are there any workarounds? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertJensen
Esri Contributor

Hello Mike,

The standard SMP product does not allow you to edit the network dataset. If you are interested in this particular workflow of adding your own privately managed roads to the network, you are correct that the StreetMap Premium Custom Roads product was created for this exact purpose. There is a different licence for Custom Roads. Please contact your account manager for more information.

However, if you just want Esri, or our data provider, to add in a newer road, you can send us the location and we can check to see if it has been added to the latest StreetMapPremium dataset release (that is soon on its way to you) or if we need to tell the data provider to add it for a future release.

0 Kudos
MikeBinder
New Contributor II

Thanks for confirming that Robert. It's a road that will be built in the near future, unfortunately, so I don't think it could be added to the next dataset release. 

0 Kudos