Is it possible to simulate rainfall in ArcGIS Pro and see where most of the water accumulates?

04-19-2018 05:44 AM
Jochemvan_der_Kop
New Contributor

I'm building a model of a city in the Netherlands and i would like to simulate different intensities of rainfall (40 mm/h, 80 mm/h, 120 mm/h etc). I would like to see the differences these rainfalls make in the lower parts of the city, where most off the water accumulates. I've tried pretty much every hydrology tool from the toolbox, but i can't figure it out. 

I've tried using the toolbox provided in this ArcMap tutorial (Find Areas at Risk of Flooding in a Cloudburst | Learn ArcGIS) but I'm not getting any decent results. 

Does anybody have any idea on how to solve this problem?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Could you please send your contact email to LearnArcGISSupport@esri.com and ask for the details to be forwarded to me. 

Thomas has agreed to allow us to release a a pre publication version of the upcoming lessons  and tools to you, with the request that you please send us feedback on the tools and workflow. 

Colin 

0 Kudos
RenéBurghardt
New Contributor II

Dear Colin,

is there any new information about the release of the new ArcGIS Pro lesson ("Find Areas at Risk of Flooding in a Cloudburst") since the last entry. We are also very interested in an implementation in ArcGIS Pro.

Best regards

René

0 Kudos
LearnArcGIS
New Contributor

Greetings

The new updated Bluespot  lesson has been published - check out 

https://learn.arcgis.com/en/projects/model-bluespots-to-map-flood-risk/

Colin 

0 Kudos
ThomasBalstrøm
New Contributor III

Hi all,

Please look into this enhanced workflow to model bluespots and their spillovers during a rainstorm:

Model bluespots to map flood risk | Learn ArcGIS

Thanks, Thomas

0 Kudos