Is it a bug or a feature that the calibrate route tool merges route parts?

07-01-2021 11:51 AM
JaniceBaird
Occasional Contributor II

Hi All,

I am new to using the route tools in ArcGIS Pro. I am using ArcGIS Pro 2.8.1 on a Windows 10 machine. I have a route that I am using to test the tools. The route was created from 5 polylines using the Make Route Tool. I was very happy to see that the route was created as a single route made up of 5 parts. I used some tool to create points at the start and end of each segment (I think it was called "Feature Vertices to Points"). I made an edit to the route and extended one end a few hundred feet. Next, I ran the Calibrate Route tool and selected points along the route that corresponded with the ends of the individual parts to use as calibration points. When the tool finished, I had a nice route with the measures at the calibration points held to their original measures.

The issue I have is that the route is no longer made up of 5 parts. The tool merged 4 of the parts into 1 so the route now only has 2 parts.

Is there anyway to prevent the Calibrate Route tool from merging the parts? Or, maybe there is a way to divide the route into parts that match the original parts.

Thanks for any help or suggestions,

Janice.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

what does Split Line At Vertices (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

result in?

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos