In ARCPro, how may a feature be rotated using the same method as in ArcGIS Desktop, that is without having to use the green segmented circle in PRO that does not allow for fine movement baset on a remote vertex?

09-24-2018 06:20 PM
PeterSchultz
New Contributor II

The attached graphics illustrate rotation of a feature in ArcGIS Pro compared with that in ArcGIS Desktop. The desired outcome is perform the operation in ArcGIS Pro with a facility identical to that in Desktop. A further ideal would be to enable snapping of the cursor within this operation but that may be too much of an ask.

4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

To type a specific rotation angle, press the A key.

if this is the page your are referring to

Move, rotate, or scale a feature—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

shortcuts …. keyword search, using dr helpfile... there are lots more

Keyboard shortcuts for editing—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

PeterSchultz
New Contributor II

Thank you Dan. I was not aware of the "secondary anchor" concept. We also run Desktop Basic version 10.4. The keyboard shortcut is also listed in the local help text - however it does not appear to function. "A" will bring up the box to specify a rotation angle but keying in "S" does nothing at all. How may this be enabled?

Arc PRO however, does bring up the secondary anchor and it looks as if the desired functionality may be obtained with a little practice, even though the rotate handle is only available with the primary anchor being visible.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Peter ...

The links were from Pro's help... can't remember what was there in ArcMap since I don't have it loaded anymore.  I suspect that there isn't a 1:1 correspondence between the shortcuts since some of them may have been remapped for other purposes.

PeterSchultz
New Contributor II

Thanks again Dan,

The pointers were all useful, and we may just have to admit that "it is what it is" where the installed ArcGIS 10.4 help indicates the S hotkey should place a secondary anchor in Desktop whereas it doesn't (possibly any more).

Much appreciated anyway!

0 Kudos