I want to stop zooming by right-clicking

03-16-2023 09:53 PM
-_-
by
New Contributor III

Sometimes when editing a feature you want to use right click to constrain the segment parallel or bring up the Attributes window. Quite often, though, that  magnifying glass pops up. Probably, the pointer moves at the same time as clicking the button, and I think that it is recognized as a drag.

I don't want to zoom on right click, so I want to disable zoom on right click. I would like to know if there is any way to do it, whether it is an ArcGISPro function or a windows function. For now, I can only think of changing the "DragHeight" in the registry.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Good morning - I tested what you were observing and see the same thing.  If I right-click while editing and do not move my mouse while doing so, then I get the context menu for constraining my edit.  If, on the other hand, I do a right-click while moving my mouse in the midst of an edit then I do get the zoom-in, zoom-out functionality you described.  Didn't know about this option honestly.  I did review the internals about this behavior and another customer also asked the same question.  The response was this is not possible to remove/change unfortunately.

0 Kudos
-_-
by
New Contributor III

Thank you for your reply.

Will there be additional prohibition settings in subsequent version upgrades?

I feel inconvenient.😢

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

I'm sorry Wednesday - just providing the information that I see.  One possible future solution to this issue is to create an ArcGIS Pro Idea to get support from the user community and in front of the ArcGIS Pro Development Team.  Have a great week!

0 Kudos