I want to double check: I can not create an SDE or versioning with a regular license, correct? I must have enterprise?

02-20-2023 09:38 AM
LayerItOn
New Contributor III

I want to double check: I can not create an SDE or versioning with a regular license, correct? I must have enterprise to do either?

I am looking at small scale data management with data hosted on a Network-attached storage (NAS). There is nothing online that plainly says "no versioning unless you have enterprise" or "no sde capabilities except with enterprise" but I am getting the hint that it probably is not an option. But before I abandon the notion entirely, I figured I would double check here. 

I would like to have multiple editors on data (away from AGOL) and local authoritative data that can be accessed.

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

To create an Enterprise Geodatabase (that fully supports multiple editors) you must use a supported RDBMS and have at least an Enterprise basic license & an ArcGIS client with Standard or Advanced license.

You do not have to use Enterprise to edit the data in the Enterprise Geodatabase (EGDB), you just need it to get the keycodes file created.

I know that people use file geodatabases for multiple editors, but would be very careful as they are NOT versioned.

Hope this helps....

--- George T.