i still can not open my map in collector ?

09-23-2018 02:28 PM
MarkJackson5
New Contributor

Good evening - Please Help

I purchased a single users GIS package almost 3 weeks ago and still can not open my map in collector.

I am at the stage of publishing a service in the 'Share as Service' box.

I have followed the process and ended up at a point where i can go no further, because a box appears stating that 'you must fix the errors in your document'

See a screen shot of the box in question and a description of the errors.

Thanks eversomuch in advance for the help anyone can offer, it doesn't matter how small

The best of regards Mark Jackson

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mark,

As others suggested earlier try removing the two images from your map (the .ecw and the .jpg).

Doing this will resolve a lot of the issues you are seeing in trying to share a feature service.

From there, the feature service can be added to a Web Map in ArcGIS Online and you can use an existing aerial imagery basemap in your Web Map.

These previously provided links cover all the steps you need to get started:

Here is a technical article on the error you've encountered. Would suggest reading through this if you re-encounter the error after removing the imagery:

Chris

0 Kudos
MarkJackson5
New Contributor

Good morning Chris

Thanks for your prompt response - it is very much appreciated !

The problem i have is that i want and need to use that particular aerial

imagery, because it is the only one available that shows the trees in finer

detail as i am mapping the trees and the base map has particular useful

features printed on it.

What format does this aerial imagery and the base map need to be, for me to

able to publish them.

With thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
LarryMasters
Occasional Contributor

Mark,

Try making that aerial an image service then add it your web map. I believe that will work for you.

LM

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do we need ArcGIS Server for Image Services? Am under the assumption this user is working within ArcMap / ArcGIS Online.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mark,

We aren't looking to create the entire map in ArcMap. Would refer to Dan Wade's earlier suggestion to not include the images at this time, and as Larry Masters suggested we can publish the imagery separately and later add it.

The earlier linked articles go through this process. Roughly outlined:

1. Publish the feature classes or shapefiles from ArcMap to ArcGIS Online
  2. Add the newly created layers within ArcGIS Online to a new Web Map.
  3. Configure the layers/map as desired. Note that at least one layer will need to be editable to appear in Collector.
  4. Repeat steps 1-3 as necessary.

Step four is where the aerial image can be added separately. This article will help you get started on that process.

If you haven't already would strongly suggest that you read through and do the exercises within the earlier linked articles. It'll help clarify the process above.

0 Kudos