Select to view content in your preferred language

I'm trying to create a feature service from ArcGIS Pro by making some fields invisible so they do not appear in the feature service.

09-04-2019 03:13 PM
AbiDhakal
Occasional Contributor III

Hello GIS friends,

I'm trying to create a feature service layer from ArcGIS Pro by making some fields invisible so they do not appear in the feature service, but it is not working for me. I'm able to make the fields invisible in Pro, but when I create the service the fields still show up in the service. I do not want them to show up. What am I doing wrong?

I could easily do this in ArcMap by right mouse clicking on the feature class in the table of contents and going to properties then to the 'field' tab and turning off fields that I did not want to show up in the feature service and it worked great. How can I make this happen from Pro?

The reason I'm doing this is so when people are extracting CSV file from the feature service those fields do not get extracted. 

Thank you for your great help!

Abi

0 Kudos
8 Replies
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Where are you publishing the service? PTL, AGOL, GIS Server? What is the source data? SDE, FGDB? Are you publishing a map or a feature service?

AbiDhakal

I'm publishing a feature service from SDE to a GIS Server.

Thank you.

Abi

0 Kudos
AbiDhakal

Also, like I previously mentioned when I'm publishing from ArcMap by turning off the fields they do not show up,  however when the feature service is exported as a result of a query from a Web AppBuilder (not developer version) the x, y and wkid fields/columns show up. How can I suppress them?

Thank you.

Abi 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Abi. Are you using Server 10.6.1 or earlier and sharing this as a web layer to portal as a referenced map image layer?

0 Kudos
AbiDhakal

Yes, Aaron. I am using 10.6.1 and referencing the image layer to Portal.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you Abi. Those details sound related to this defect: Hidden fields are visible in feature services when publishing referenced layers from ArcGIS Pro to A...

This looks to have been resolved at ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7. With this in mind, I recommend connecting with esri tech support to open a case in order to validate your workflow. That way it can be confirmed as to whether or not you are actually hitting BUG-000117216.

https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support 

AbiDhakal

Thank you much Aaron! this will help. For now I'm servicing from ArcMap to overcome the problem.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

You are welcome Abi.